- President: Oversees and directs the PTO activities. Serves as a liaison to the Principal, Superintendent and Central PTO.
- Vice President: Assist President in directing PTO activities and is Room Parent liaison. Assumes role of President the following school year. First year as VP, second year as President and third year as Ex-Officio.
- Communications Chairperson: Principle liaisons between the Executive Board and the community. Works with PTO President to write PTO newsletter and receives emails from other co-chairs to be a point person for communication dissemination. Works closely with Greeley Website Coordinator.
- Secretary: Serves as general PTO and Executive Board and keeps minutes from meetings.
- Treasurer: Responsible for all PTO accounting, including payment of bills, preparation and posting all monthly financial information for Executive Board review, balancing books and preparation of an annual budget for the following school year.
- Assistant Treasurer: Responsible for making all PTO accounting including; depositing checks and working closely with the Treasurer to learn the position. This is a two year commitment. First year as Assistant Treasurer and Treasurer the following year.
- Ex-Officio: assists President on transition. Is available for PTO sponsored events and serves as mentor to incoming President.
- Fundraising Coordinator: Coordinates all fundraising activities such as pizza nights, guest bar tending, trunk shows, ect.. Would also co-chair a benefit if one is planned for that year.
- Greeley Benefit/Parent Party (1 Chairpersons, 10-15 Committee Members): Plan social events for parents and faculty. Solicit donations for auction items if a benefit is needed that year
- Book Fair (2 chairpersons, 6 Committee Members): Coordinate with Greeley Resource Center Director in staffing and publicizing school-wide book fair with outside vendor. There will be a fall book fair with a possibility of a second book fair in the spring.
- Grand Receipts (1 Committee Members): Collect receipts from Grand Foods for Greeley to receive a 3% return. This is an on-going position that lasts the full academic year.
- Box Tops for Education (1 Committee Members): Coordinate Box Top Rebates. This is an on-going position that lasts the full academic year.
- Lunch Box Coordinator Recruit and coordinate lunchroom volunteers
- Greeley Wear (2 Chairpersons, 4 Committee Members): Design and sell Greeley spirit wear. Most sales occur in early to mid-Fall, with some sales in Spring.
- Fun-raising (1-4 Committee Members): Coordinate and publicize 2 Greeley pizza nights with Homemade Pizza Company in Winnetka. Coordinate and publicize various fun fundraising events throughout the year ie) Guest bartending night at Little Ricky’s, shopping events, etc. A portion of all sales will be donated back to Greeley.
COMMUNITY AFFAIRS AND COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEES:
- Greeley PTO Website Coordinator (1 Committee Member): Manage and update Greeley website. Work closely with the Communications chairperson. This is a year round position that requires a small amount of training.
- Directory (1 Committee Member): Coordinate, update, publish and sell the annual Greeley directory. This requires the most attention from mid-August through Go-to-School-Night.
- Memory Book (1-2 Co-Chairs, 12 Committee Members): Collect photos, edit, publish and sell the Greeley Yearbook. This is a year round position, ending with the distribution of memory books.
- School Pictures (2-3 Committee Members): Coordinate with photographer to schedule student picture day during the Fall and also retake day.
- Winnetka Public Schools Foundation Representative (2 Representatives): Attend monthly WPSF meetings and provide written reports and updates to the Executive Board. Works closely with Communications Board member on keeping parents up to date thru the newsletter.
- Winnetka Alliance Representative (1 Representative): Attend monthly Alliance meetings and provide written reports and updates to the Executive Board. Works closely with Communications Board member on keeping parents up to date thru the newsletter.
- Family Awareness Network (2 Representative): Attend monthly FAN meetings and provide written reports and updates to the Executive Board. Works closely with Communications Board member on keeping parents up to date thru the newsletter.
- Kindergarten Registration (1 Chairperson, 8 Committee Members): Publicize and coordinate Senior Kindergarten registration for the upcoming school year. Organize and attend welcome coffees for SK parents during phase-in days. Committee members will assist chairperson with all duties.
- Room Parents (2-4 per class): Assist classroom teachers as needed and serve as a liaison between teachers, classroom parents and the PTO. Host and individual class or whole grade party for parents in the fall.
- New Family Mentoring and Welcome (2 Chairs, 6 Committee Members): Assemble and distribute informational “welcome” packets to families new to Greeley. Coordinate a school tour prior to the start of the school year and host a small new family reception in the fall that is held at the PTO Presidents home.
- Teacher Luncheons (1 Chairperson, 10-12 Committee Members): Chairperson coordinates 2 PTO sponsored luncheons — Welcome Back Luncheon on the 1st day of school and an End-of-Year Luncheon in May — as well as serves as a supervisor for monthly grade sponsored luncheons. Committee members assist during Welcome Back and Spring Luncheons as well as organize and recruit volunteers for monthly sponsored grade luncheons.
- Staff Appreciation Week (1 Chairperson, 5-7 Committee Members): Plan, coordinate and execute thoughtful events and activities for Greeley teachers, associates and staff during Staff Appreciation week in May
- Gift of Time (1 Chairperson, 8-10 Committee Members): Coordinate and organize volunteers to substitute for staff during lunch and recess hour during the staff’s holiday gathering in December.
- Family Outreach (2 Co-Chairs, 4 Committee Members): Coordinate Leslie Jenner and Nancy Albrecht to assist Greeley families and staff during times of need. Committee Members will assist Co-Chairs.
- Enrichment (2 Co-Chairs, 6 Committee Members): Coordinate with Principal, faculty and PTO President to plan all-school activities and assemblies designed to enrich the curriculum.
- Family Fun Nights (2 Co-Chairs, 4-6 Committee Members): Plan and coordinate 2 Greeley all-family events and activities throughout the year including the Halloween Party and Bingo.
- S.T.E.M. Night (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)(2 Co-Chairs, 4 Committee Members): Assists Math Lab Specialist and Science Facilitator with the coordination of a family S.T.E.M. night for the school.
- Field Day (5 Committee Members): Assist KW faculty, organize Ice Cream Social and recruit volunteers for Field Day (grades 1-4) in June.
- 4th Grade Events (2 Co-Chairs, 8-10 Committee Members): Coordinate end-of-year event for 4th grade students and their parents, coordinate walk-a-thon to raise funds for class gift, produce class DVD highlighting all 5 years at Greeley and design and produce a class t-shirt for their 4th grade graduation.
- 4th Grade Leadership Store (1 Chairperson, 6-8 Committee Members) Coordinate with Leslie Jenner and the 4th grade Leadership to help work the 4th Grade Leadership storefront one a week during lunch in the multi-purpose room.
- Girls-On-the-Run (1 Chairperson, 5-6 Committee Members): Conduct weekly training sessions to prepare 3rd and 4th grade girls to run a 5K and to encourage the girls to develop self-esteem and healthy lifestyles through running.
- School Pak (3 Committee Members): Coordinate school-wide purchase of student school supplies. This requires availability a few days before school begins and order forms being distributed and collected each spring.
- Art Parents (1 Chair, 6 Committee Members): Coordinate with art teacher to mount student art displays when requested. Usually around winter and spring sings.
- Birthday Board (1-2 Committee Members): Create bi-monthly bulletin board displays to celebrate children’s birthdays.
- Traffic, Bus and Bicycle Safety (2-4 Committee Members): Work with local police, faculty and parents to alleviate school traffic and parking issues; serve as liaison between parents, drivers and the bus company; assist KW teacher with implementation of bike safety program.
- Lost and Found (2 Committee Members): Maintain Greeley Lost and Found area. Put up display table biannually, and donate unclaimed items to charitable organizations at the end of the year.
- Pioneer Room Liaison (3 Representative): Help prepare room for use; plan open house for District 36 3rd grade parents and maintain room as it is used.
- Helpers on Call (Unlimited): Assist on as-needed basis at school and other PTO Committees.
- Publication (1 Chairperson, 4 Committee Members) Chairperson will coordinate committee members to work with 2nd and 3rd grade teachers on publishing books created by the children.
HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITTEES:
- Environmental committee (2 Co-Chairs, 12 Committee Members) Co-Chairs attend 3-4 township wide environmental meetings per year. Design and implement various programs involving waste, recycling, and conservation. Work closely with district committee, parents, children and faculty. Committee Members work with the environmental Committee Chair Persons to coordinate and implement various programs involving waste, recycling and conservation.
- Health (4 Committee Members): Assist school nurse with hearing and vision screening; organize lice check to take place on picture day.
- Buildings and Grounds (2 Co-Chairs, 4 Committee Members): Maintain school planters and other outdoor public spaces. Help to plan and coordinate “Come Beautify Greeley Day” in the fall and spring.